Calling for expressions of interest in joining the Board of PVV!
PVV is calling for expressions of interest to join our Board – we have one position coming up for renewal and would be keen to hear from anyone interested in contributing to the future direction and success of our organisation.
Interested? Complete the registration form provided and send to the Company Secretary: email@example.com – applications must be submitted and received by 4 July 2023.
PVV is regulated by Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC). While it is recognised that Board members of PVV are volunteers, individuals need to acknowledge, meet and discharge responsibilities as a board member. The competencies and minimum commitment desired include:
- Take personal responsibility for contributing impartially to the decisions of the Board, with no thought given to personal gain.
- Actively seek adequate knowledge about the business of the organization.
- Willingness and ability to devote time and energy to PVV Board Role. The time commitment required (which includes reading board papers ahead of board meetings) varies between individuals but is estimated at between 5 and 10 hours per quarter
- Acquisition of and providing Director ID to the PVV Company Secretary
- It is desirable for a nominee to hold a Company Directors course/qualification
- Team Player and collaborative way of working
- Ability and Willingness to challenge and probe
- Common sense and sound judgement
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Mentoring abilities
- Interpersonal Relations
- Active Listening skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Understanding of effective decision-making processes
- Willingness to receive and access information via technology. The organisation currently uses Confluence to distribute information, MS Teams for virtual meetings, extensive use of email for communication.
Download the application form here.